Quoting Katy Perry (25/365)

* Originally written at 9:47 pm, at the back of a cab ***

I’m blowing hot and cold today, I think.  We finished the MFR run on a high note, packed up all our stuff, hung out with Jenn for a couple of minutes while waiting for Chris to arrive, got dropped off in Edsa Shangri-la, caught the last 15 minutes of EPM (which I truly enjoyed) and… Nothing.  I don’t know what it is – if it was the fact that I had to go back to Ayala tonight for a client presentation or that I was wondering how on earth I was going to bring all the stuff I have with me home tonight since apparently there is no car.

Okay, so that presentation’s over and done with.  I, apparently, have to redesign the program as well re-draft the proposal – proposals, because they want one with a stand-alone and another with a roadmap.  At least I was, while waiting for a cab, able to discuss with Louie how the roadmap proposal should look like.  It shouldn’t be too hard to write.  I already have the visual in my head.

Anyway, back to me being a little bi-polar today.  All day, I was totally excited to go to Edsa Shangri-La.  When I finally got there, my energy level kind of went down the drain.  I have to wonder what is up.

Now I’m on my way home at almost 10:00 pm and I haven’t even had dinner yet.  Sometimes I surprise myself with the schedule I keep.  Monday and Tuesday, I was in session, PHS for Fujitsu.  Today, I was with Bing for MFR – and obsing with Bing is never just obsing.  I have about three or four pages of typewritten notes done on a per-slide basis, which I will have to transfer to Louie on Monday, plus I actually had floor time today (which wasn’t part of the plan, but I am such a ham that I did it, had my fifteen minutes and loved every second of it).  I also had the client presentation today, which would explain the really, really late hour.  Tomorrow, I will be obsing Jenn in an AdSup run in order to complete my AdSup obs – and I seriously need this because I redesigned the program after one brainstoriming session with Jenn even before I even completed it.  Training runs from 10 am to 7 pm, which means I won’t be able to pas by Edsa Shang… But at least I don’t have to work until 10 am tomorrow.  Friday I’ll be back in DAP, completing Day 3 of PHS.  Then on Saturday, I go back to Ayala to do Day 2 of Orix Metro.

Six days.  I haven’t been to the office in six days.  The last time I did this was January, for Alveo, and I promised myself I would never subject myself to anything like that ever again.  Oh, how easily we forget!

But, I have to admit, I have to agree with something Jenn said over lunch today.  She said the reason she knows that she loves what she’s doing is even when she gets all bent out of shape because she has to get up early to go to session, the minute she goes on the floor, everything becomes okay.  I feel the same way, with a slight variation in what I go through when I start speaking.  When I begin to tell my stories, I feel as though I glow in front… That I morph into something bigger than myself, speaking with a wisdom that surpasses my years.  This is where all the parts of my life – the happy, the blessed the cursed, the sorrow, the grief, the pain and the hope – it all becomes worthwhile.  Because the stories I get to tell are the tales of my life.

That tells me this was something I was meant to do.

Blessed Be…


Leave a comment

Filed under This So-Called Life

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s