It’s my first 4-day weekend and I’ve been lounging for most part of it. I’ve been catching up on the whole writing thing (which would explain the sudden burst of blog entries lately), downloaded a bunch of shows that I’ve managed to ignore for the last couple of weeks, obtain copies of films that I’ve always wanted to watch, read and reread my electronically available books and add some more to my expanding collection… I’ve even put in some work (this is, again, paranoia).
Maundy Thursday, I suddenly realized I missed the 7th Heaven marathons networks used to air during Holy Week. It was only very recently when I discovered that the series ran up until the mid-2000s. I always thought it ended before I went to collage. I guess I stopped watching around that time. Apparently, the Camden kids grew up and had lives of their own and I missed all of that. I’ve decided to download all 11 seasons – one by one, of course. Before that, though, I got copies of several films – P.S. I Love You (care of Mrs. Berenguer), The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants I & II (care of the internet)… that gave me the bright idea to download all the other films that I’ve been wanting to watch. As of right now, I have the following in queue:
- Woman on Top – Penelope Cruz; 100% feel-good girl movie
- Drive Me Crazy – Melissa Joan Hart and Adrian Grenier before Entourage; saw this on HBO and thought it was a cute movie in a teenybopper kind of way
- French Kiss – The Meg Ryan movie that I have still been unable to watch
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days – Kate Hudson and Matthew McConnaughey; LOVED this film. Cried buckets and buckets while “Feels Like Home” played.
- If Only – Jennifer Love Hewitt; This movie will make me as depressed as anything, but it’s still better than Pursuit of Happyness.
- John Tucker Must Die – Another teenybopper film that I enjoyed. The names of the actors escape me at the moment, but I remember it being a happy accident.
- Laws of Attraction – Pierce Brosnan and Julianne Moore. Two lawyers. Impromptu wedding in Ireland. How could it ever get better than that?
- Music From Another Room – The Jude Law movie that didn’t make it to the big screen. I loved this movie. LOVED IT.
- Pretty in Pink – I was waaaaay to young when this first came out. Now I’m finally going to get to see it.
- Step Up 3 – Brian tried downloading this twice in the past and the copies have always been a bust. Maybe I’ll get lucky this time.
- The Perfect Man – Heather Locklear, Chris Noth and Hilary Duff. Another feel good movie.
- Y Tu Mama Tambien – The first non-english film I ever tried watching. Back then, I tried watching it because I was trying to impress my then-boyfriend. Now I’m going to watch it for me 🙂
You should all keep in mind that these are still on the list of movies I intend to download. After I got the Sisterhood movies, I was able to download She’s All That and Mean Girls… Then I got distracted by all the TV series episodes that are already available. You should also remember that I’m the girl who got Abbie’s copy of Armageddon and finally found the time to watch it four months after.
Asides from the shows, I’ve managed to get copies of some books, too (which reminds me, I really have to write up that entry about the Sisterhood books. I have, apparently, been very into them lately). I now have copies of P.S. I Love You, The Bartimaeus Trilogy (The Amulet of Samarkand, The Golem’s Eye, and Ptolemy’s Gate) by Jonathan Stroud and Christopher Pike’s Sati. One day, I will find the time to read all of these books.
Speaking of which, I happened upon a blog called Stiletto Storyline and got this marvelous idea. It’s been a long time since I added a page (one of my pages recently got updated, by the way) and it’s probably high time I put in another. And what would be more appropriate than a list of books that I’ve managed to devour since the year started?
So here’s to me, the Story-Weaver, devourer of tales… and my new endeavor of putting into words those that I’ve read.