As you know, I follow several blogs too. I found 3 very interesting posts:
- How to Deal with Setbacks – 3 Easy Steps
- Self Confidence for Dummies
- Handle Criticism: 5 Helpful Steps
In a nutshell, here’s what you can get out of reading these:
How to Deal with Setbacks – 3 Easy Steps
Ali Davies says that there are 3 steps when dealing with any setback we encounter:
- Learn the Lesson (Because there is always a lesson).
- Apply the Learning (Because those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it).
- Move on (Let it go).
Self Confidence for Dummies
“Being self-confident is like having a unicorn. Everyone wants one, it’s hard to find, and if you have too many unicorns, or too much self-confidence, we all want you to shut about it already.”
Handle Criticism: 5 Helpful Steps
It starts with a very apt quote from Eleanor Roosevelt: “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway. You’ll be damned if you do, and damned if you don’t.” Then it goes into this:
- Don’t reply right away (‘Wag masyadong ma-react. Minsan kasi OA masyado.)
- Really listen to criticism (Hearing is different from listening. Remember, we create our own impressions of ourselves.)
- Remember: the criticism isn’t always about you (It’s one thing to be highly self-aware… It’s a totally different thing to be paranoid.)
- Reply or let go (There is always a choice.)
- Keep your daily balance (The sense of worth will always come from ourselves first.)
I hope you take the time to visit these sites. They’re good reads. I promise. I hope you get something out of it. Remember, a very famous scientist once said, “The very definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” His name was Albert Einstein.
Happy Saturday, Everyone!